Monday, September 06, 2004

Today I learnt the true meaning of Labour day.

It all started after lunch. I needed some dairy products as well as some wall tacs. The best place to get these things would be the Billings Bridge Shopping mall. As someone who needs some exercise, I chose to walk to the mall. The walk was a good 25 minutes and I was exhausted. However, when I came to the front entrance, I discovered that the entire mall was closed for Labour day. It was then that I said something along the lines of "Mother F**ker." So, I turned around and walked all the way back to my home. I did happen to stop along the way at a 7-11 and was able to pick up some of my groceries. Nevertheless, I intend to go back to the mall and pick up the remainder of my shopping list. And, I do intend to take the bus which leads me to my next point.

I went to go by a sheet of ten bus tickets and discovered that the good people at Ottawa-Carleton transportation (OC Transpo) had raised the price for a sheet of tickets from $8.50 to $9.00. That is an OUTRAGE!

There were some bright spots to this day. I got to see Tim before he goes to England and I had lunch with my friend, Jen.

The Hek

No comments: