Monday, June 28, 2010

Re. The NHL Entry Draft

The NHL Entry Draft was held over the weekend. I didn't watch a single minute of it.

In fact, I couldn't care less about the draft because it is a huge waste of time.

- ER

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Re. The G20 S**t Storm

Well Harper, I hope you're happy.

I wonder...

Did you want to promote or punish Toronto?

Sadly, 90% of the protesters were peaceful. The remaining 10% were thugs who caused the damage. Those thugs got all the attention. They took attention away from the main issues. They devalued activism and the real activists who used non-violent methods to get their messages across.

What an awful and destructive waste of time and money.

- ER

Friday, June 25, 2010

Re. G20 & G8

There's been a lot written about the summit.

This open letter by Justin Beach is probably the most thoughtful article about everything that has and will take place over the next few days.

Take a look: An Open Letter to G20 Protesters.

- ER

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Canadiens 2010-11 Schedule

The Montreal Canadiens have released their 2010-11 regular season schedule. Just like the previous season, they start and end with the Leafs.

- ER

Monday, June 21, 2010

Final Thoughts - NBA Finals

Well, I was right about the Lakers. Now I have put up with Kobe-this and Kobe-that. To be honest, I had no interest in the finals this year. I know the Lakers-Celtics rivalry is one of the best in sports, but I had no desire to watch the series. It happens.

Alright, the stats:

10 out of 15; 67%

That's actually better than my NHL predictions. Go figure.

- ER

Friday, June 18, 2010

Parkdale Showcase

Episode 28 of This Is Toronto is now available!!!

This latest edition previews the 12th annual Parkdale Film + Video Showcase; June 25-27.

NEXT EPISODE: July 2, 2010

- ER

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Halak Trade

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

I suspect Halak (or more likely his agent) told the Canadiens he was going to leave, regardless of whether or not they chose him over Carey Price.

Don't know much about these "prospects." One was an AHL all-star. The other put up decent numbers in the WHL.

One thing I do know: Carey Price's worst nightmare has come true. The poor kid will face immense pressure next season; more than what he had to deal with this season. I do not envy him.

- ER

Monday, June 14, 2010

Re. Blue Jays vs. Rockies

Well that was utterly ugly.

Friday, they get screwed by the weather. Saturday, the bats fall silent. Sunday, they get crunched.

The only Blue Jay that looked decent on the weekend was Morrow and the poor guy suffered a "Halladay" loss.

As for Jesse Litsch: He's not ready yet. It takes more than a year to fully recover from Tommy John surgery. I'll give him one more chance, but I doubt Litsch will stay in the rotation.

- ER

Friday, June 11, 2010

Final Thoughts - Stanley Cup Playoffs

- Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks! This is a young, talented team. I've been keeping my eye on these guys for the last year. They have lots of character. And this is only the beginning.

- BTW, perfect prediction :-)

- Congrats also have to go to the Flyers. They had an incredible run. As long as they stay healthy, I think Philly has a good shot at the cup next year.

- Who were all those women interviewing Patrick Kane? Is he dating them?

- Great moment #1: Duncan Keith and his fiancee.

- Great moment #2: Stan and Scotty Bowman.

- Crosby may have the glitz and glamour, but Toews has a Conn Smythe.

- Totals: 8/15, 53% Bah!

- ER

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Re. Hedo Turkoglu

(If the rumours are true)

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Turk.

PS: Ball!

- ER

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Friday, June 04, 2010

Choosing How We Choose

Episode 27 of This Is Toronto is now available!!!

Better Ballots is a non-partisan organization that wants to create a public discussion about voting reform in Toronto. Is it time to change the way we elect local officials?

NEXT EPISODE: June 18, 2010

- ER

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Re. P.J. Carlesimo

So it looks like P.J. Carlesimo is going to be an assistant coach with the Raptors.

P.J. & Marc Iavaroni?

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Looks like Jay Triano will be working next season with an axe above his head.

- ER