Monday, June 15, 2009

Final Thoughts: NHL Playoffs

- Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm looking forward to see what the future will hold for this team. I was just a toddler when the Oilers won five cups in seven years. I wasn't alive when the Canadiens won five straight cups in the 50's and four straight cups in the 70's. Don't forget about the Islanders of the early 80's. I truly feel we're about to witness the creation of a legacy. Full credit to Pittsburgh. I didn't expect much from them this year. I was wrong.

- I was really glad to see Crosby back on the bench for the third period. Could you imagine watching your team win game seven of the Stanley Cup final in the medical room?

- Chris Osgood has to be the most underrated goalie of the last thirty years. He's quietly had so much success. If it was up to me, I would've given him the Conn Smyth trophy. From this point forward, I will mention him, Brodeur, Hasek and Roy in the same sentence.

- Definition of irony: The Penguins have won three cups on the road. The only time the Stanley Cup was presented in Pittsburgh was when Detroit won last year.

- When the puck struck the Pittsburgh crossbar, I knew nothing else would go in.

RECAP:

First round - six out of eight

Second round - two out of four

Third round - one out of two

Final round - one out of one

Total score - 10 out of 15, 67%

- ER

No comments: