With Rikki's encouragement (and the idea for a name), I just launched a new venture: an online literary magazine for spiritual prose. It's still in the first stages while I work some things out, but please feel free to visit the website and read the work already published.
The Prosary is available at: http://theprosary.wordpres
If you'd like to submit something to be published, keep reading:
The Prosary is an online literary magazine magazine dedicated to publishing prose of a spiritual nature. This includes creative poetry, short stories, and other works of fiction inspired by one’s faith journey.
Although the name Prosary evokes images of a Catholic inclination, this litmag will publish works from any faith, whether you identify yourself as Protestant, Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Hindu, Buddhist, and anything outside or between. The important thing is that you remain respectful to the other faiths represented here and do not use your prose as a way of attacking or criticizing any faith or non-faith groups.
If you’d like to submit something to be published here, please e-mail Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org, keeping in mind the following guidelines:
- Send all prose in Word/.doc documents. My computer doesn’t like .docx, so please reformat accordingly
- The subject line of the e-mail should have your name (or pen name, if you prefer to remain anonymous) and the title of your prose
- Limit 3 works per document
- DO NOT send any prose that is hateful, disrespectful or overtly “Rah rah rah, my religion is the best!”
- The Prosary is only accepting works of fiction at this time
- You will receive an e-mail notification when your prose is published on the website
The Prosary is a new venture, so please excuse any hiccups or mistakes while it gets rolling.
Tell your friends!
I’m excited to begin this journey with you.