A Raptor trade and a Blue Jay trade, all in the same day? I thought my poor head was going to explode. Some notes about both transactions:
- The second Alex Gonzalez era has ended. Sorry to see him go, but his value is at its highest point and won't go any higher.
- Yunel Escobar has potential, but he's slumping and said to have off-field issues. Perhaps a change of location will lead to positive results.
- For the Blue Jays, this trade was about the future. For the Braves, this trade was about adding additional parts.
- Don't really have anything to say about the minor leaguers exchanged in the deal. Personally, I feel all minor leaguers are gambles. Labelling prospects is a waste of time.
- Bye Turk.
- Barbosa is coming off an injury-plagued season. Wrists injuries can really affect a career. So forgive me for being a little skeptical.
- Barbosa, DeRozan, Calderon, Jack. One of these four won't be here in the fall. My guess (reluctantly) is Jose.
- Dwayne Jones will likely spend most of his time on the bench.
Something tells me BC & AA aren't done.