Friday, February 27, 2004

Today, I went to see The Passion of The Christ.

It was not the best movie I have seen but, it certainly ranks up there. It is a very moving and powerful film. If I were to compare it to another film, I would say that it is the same as Saving Private Ryan , in the sense of both film's brutal reality and their ability to make the viewer feel the main character's pain.

As a person of Jewish faith, I was interested to see how the Jews would be portrayed in the film. I was worried that the film unknowingly might have had an anti-Semitic stance in it. Fortunately this was not the case. The theme of this film is to love your fellow humans despite the little differences (ie: creed, culture, religion) and to forgive those who mistreat you.

On a side note, the dialogue of the film was spoken in Aramaic. I don't know a lot about this particular language but I detected some Hebrew and Latin in it.

Well to conclude, The Hek absolutely recommends this movie. I will admit, It does have some gory parts so, make sure you don't eat a heavy meal.

The Hek

No comments: