Friday, December 02, 2005

We start off with the quote of the week. This one comes from a member of the Singing Grannies who was protesting the war on Iraq: "George Sr. should have pulled out sooner."

Lots of things have happened over the last few days. First off, The Hek is currently on 3.5 hours of sleep. I had to pull a late night in order to write a 12 page paper that was due today. 12 pages = 12 hours. Not fun at all. I'd like to say I'm finished, but I can't. Next week, I have two essays and a take home exam.

On Wednesday, The Hek and a person of interest, watched a really neat lecture about a Jewish filmmaker who made the Betty Boop, Popeye and Superman cartoons. It was fascinating. Some people have argued that these characters are actually Jewish, simply because they were characterized as outsiders. This was a popular sentiment felt by Jewish immigrants when they came to the United States. Best of all, we got to watch these old cartoons.

Finally, I will be coordinating CKCU's coverage of the federal election. My goal is interview as many candidates as I can and organize a debate involving Carleton's Liberal, Conservative, NDP and Green clubs. I'm also going to try to interview at least one party leader. Maybe even, the Prime Minister.

The Hek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max Fleischer was Jewish?

- Mr. Wood

Anonymous said...

BETTY BOOP IS AWESOME!

-e.m.