Thursday, October 30, 2008

Final Thoughts - World Series

Although I had picked the Rays to win, I'm glad the Phillies are World Series champions. This team has been around since 1883, but only has two World Series titles (1980 and 2008). I'm also happy for the city of Philadelphia, which hasn't had any of their teams win a championship since 1983.

There a lot of people who deserve credit for this victory. One of them is GM Pat Gillick.

Gillick was the General Manager for the Blue Jays during their "glory days." It seems that wherever he goes, success follows him. He's had success with the Jays, the Orioles, the Mariners, and now the Phillies.

Congratulations to all the Philadelphia Phillies, espeically to former Blue Jays Jayson Werth and (Canadian) Matt Stairs, and former Jays manager Jimy Williams (Phillies' Bench Coach).

In terms of predictions, this was my worst showing; so, I don't want to talk about it. Once again, everything that happens during the regular season goes out the window once the playoffs start.

The Hek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Phillipines' "Fanatic" and his little squiggly-do

<3 a.

Eric Rosenhek said...

LOL