Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MLB Playoff Predictions - World Series

Wow.....I've been so off the mark this year. I was wrong on both LCS match ups. Brutal, just brutal.

Onto the big one:

World Series 2008

Tampa Bay over Philadelphia in 7

This was tough to call. I want to see the Rays win because they've had to deal with a lot of losing in their history. Finally, they are winning and have played like champions. They deserve the title. On the other hand, I want the Phillies to win because they're a team that fights for everything and always wins. I want Ryan Howard, Chase Utley and Cole Hamels to be rewarded. Plus, Matt Stairs deserves a World Series ring.

I think the Rays will put it out because they're more fresh. They're only going on two days rest. Meanwhile, Philadelphia hasn't played in a week. This has ceased their momentum and they will certainly be rusty. Any team that has a long layoff between playoff rounds always loses. Look at the 2006 Tigers and the 2007 Rockies.

In any case, it will be a very entertaining World Series. Enjoy!

The Hek

No comments: