Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Well, hello everyone.

It's been a while since I last spoke to you all. I've had too many term papers to complete. But now they are all done and it is time to focus on exams.

Last week, my friends Noel and Leslie went on a vacation and asked me to take care of their cat. At first, I thought it would be a hassle. For five straight days I would have to go to Noel's house by bus, feed his cat and get back on the bus to come home. However, this was not the case.

I became quite attached to the cat. I do not know why. I have never had a pet before in my life. Well, I did take care of a friend's hamster a couple times but still, I did not have the same attachment as I did with this cat. When Leslie was giving me instructions on how to take care of it, she was treating it as if it was some child. I thought she was crazy! But, after spending time with the cat, I could fully understand why she acted like that.

I wonder what my life would be like if I grew up around pets. Maybe I would be a different person. But I guess I will never know.

No comments: