Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Name That Planet

A group of international astronomers will take a vote to decide if they should change the requirements for something in space to be labeled as a planet. If the vote favours the changes then, three new planets will be added to our solar system. This will bring the total number of planets to 12 and force a lot of astronomy text books to be thrown out.

In the meantime, the question as to what to name these new planets, has become a hot topic with some. One astronomer has suggested that one of the new planets be named "Xena," after the warrior princess.

I don't agree with Xena but, I do agree we should name the planets after television characters. Besides, Greek gods and goddesses are so "yesterday."

Having said that, here are my suggestions:

Planet Springer
Planet Colbert
Planet Stratus

I think I'm on to something.

The Hek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I hope they keep the name Xena.

- Mr. Wood

Eric Rosenhek said...

It is a good name. I'll give'em that. Plus, it would have to be the biggest honour for Ms. Lawless.