Friday, January 12, 2007

Believe The Hype

You might have noticed a new link on the side of this page.

I am proud to announce that I am now contributing to a new blog called, Hype: Popular Culture, A.D.D and ooh look, Shiny. Part of the website, PublicBroadcasting.ca, the site is devoted to the world of popular culture. It's a great forum to discuss issues regarding television, film, music and literature. I should also point out that the name of the blog and it's URL might change in the coming weeks. If it does, I'll let you know.

Along with Hype, PublicBroadcasting.ca has a couple of blogs pertaining to music and fake news headlines. More importantly, the site is looking for writers for these blogs. If you think you are as talented as Errol Nazareth or Steven Colbert, head to PublicBroadcasting.ca, check out the blogs, and then send the webmaster an e-mail. Tell him The Hek sent you.

***The Carleton Improv Association has another improv show at your favourite campus coffeehouse - at an a completely new date and time! Come support your improv team, and get us riled up for our competition in Toronto that weekend!

Show starts at 6:45 on Monday, January 15th - there is really nothing better to do on a Monday night, friends.

Location: Rooster's Coffeehouse, 4th Unicentre, Carleton University, Ottawa***

The Hek

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errol Nazareth was my third-year professor! Damn, I'd better see if I can post something...

- Mr. Wood

Eric Rosenhek said...

He was your prof? That's awesome. I love his music reviews on CBC.

Eric Emin Wood said...

Oh yeah, one of the best. I still call him for advice occasionally.