Thursday, February 21, 2008

Obay - From The Makers Of 'WhyBecauseISaidSo'

So I'm sitting on a York Region Transit bus and I notice these advertisements for a drug called Obay. I've also seen these ads in bus shelters.

Apparently, Obay is medication that gets children to do what their parents want. The advertisements feature slogans such as "My son had his own ideas. Obay put a stop to that."

Obviously, it's a parody and very good one at that. What I'd like to know is who's behind all this.

Have you seen the ads? Any idea who's putting them up?

To see some of the ads, click here.

The Hek

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... no idea, but that is clever.

- Mr. Wood

Anonymous said...

Here's one they should use:

"My daughter wanted to be in an interfaith relationship.

Obay put an end to that!"

<3 a.

Eric Rosenhek said...

LOL ;-)

Actually, here's the answer: http://torontoist.com/2008/02/obay.php

Anonymous said...

I actually saw one of these ads in Burlington today. Go figure.

<3 a.

Suburban Sheepdog said...

lol, you beat me to it. today, i stopped at some lights and saw the ad and was like... wtf?

Ads these days don't make any sense, so it didn't make me think too too hard.
but mano, gold.

Eric Rosenhek said...

It's catching on. NO doubt about it.