Remember on the weekend how I said my voice was a bit off. Well, guess what. It developed into a cold with a slight fever. Fortunately, it's not as bad as the fever I had way back in May. Also, I only get the fever at night so, it doesn't affect me during the day.
Like most people, I get the flu at the worst times. In fact, here are my top five unfortunate moments, when the flu made my life miserable.
5. October, 1994. It's Halloween and while everyone is trick or treating, The Hek is grounded with the chicken pox. I didn't know what was worse; the fever the led to the pox or, how itchy those little $#&@ers were.
4. March, 2005. It was one of those moments when your head is boiling and your body is freezing. The only time I left my apartment was for an improv practice. Now, you're probably wondering why I would take part in a practice with a 103 degree fever. Simple. I would have gone insane if I didn't get out. The only positive was that I had my radio as a companion and some brilliant DJ on CKCU was playing a record of "Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy."
3. December, 1999 and December, 2001. The good old holiday break. Two weeks where you don't have to worry about school. It's a time when one goes and has fun with his friends in the snow. Not for The Hek who was sidelined for a good portion of the break. Serves me right for working with the "customers" at my paying job for a couple of days.
2. September, 2002. It's Frosh Week and suddenly during the Bif Naked concert, I start to get that "feeling." The next day was 28'C and yet, I was forced to wear a jacket, touque and gloves. That's how bad it was. Talk about making a first impression. Good thing most people on the floor didn't judge a book by it's cover.
And NUMBER 1. July, 1990. Three days after my father purchases a brand new car, a 7-year-old The Hek is in the passenger seat and gets that horrible feeling in his stomach. I don't need to go into detail because, I'm sure you pretty much get the picture.
- Whether you're sick or in good health, check out Episode 15 of The Audio Circus Podcast -