Monday, April 09, 2007

My Bloody Weekend

Nothing like spending the weekend by watching people's heads being blown off.

I watched three films over the last few days. Each one containing some form of blood and guts.

On Friday, I watched Grindhouse. This was a fantastic film. Actually, it featured two fantastic films. Lots of gratuitous violence, so if you have a weak stomach, you might want to avoid the film.

Saturday's feature was Fast Food Nation. To be honest, I felt it was a rather bland film. You have three stories and not one of them has any form of closure. The political message is strong, but not powerful since I've heard it many times before. There's no gratuitous violence; however, there is a fair share of blood shed. One character loses his leg and a number of cows get slaughtered. Again, if you have a weak stomach, avoid this film at all costs.

Finally, I watched 300 on Sunday. It's a decent film, but the focus is on the cinematography instead of the actual story. In fact, you could easily guess what would happen in every scene.
There's a lot of blood, but it's not too vicious.

Bottom line: loved Grindhouse, could not care for FFN, enjoyed 300 but it's not going into my favourites' category.

The Hek

*Not so bloody, but still good: Episode 35 of the Audio Circus*

No comments: