Thursday, April 13, 2006

Now this is what I call a good day.

It started with my final Thursday Blend and it was a blast. Noel and I haven't missed a beat and there was tons of funny stuff; for example:

Hek: Al Green is celebrating his birthday, today. And here's a little something from the birthday boy himself.

Noel: Ah, yes. Here comes some baby-making music. Oh yeah!

After some breakfast and a brief pit-stop at my room, I went back to CKCU to burn all my archived stuff to CD. I finished with two stellar CDs as well as a couple of copies for those who took part in election debate I produced and moderated in January. I got the office a little present; a nice big canister of Tim Horton's coffee mix. Not only did they like the gift but they also had one for me: a pair of really nice micro-headphones plus accessories. After a few hours, I said my good-byes and left. As I walked back home, I felt an immense sadness. I'm really going to miss CKCU. I think it was the only location where I never felt like I was out of place. Hopefully I will be able to return to it many times.

However, the sadness went away when I checked my mail to find another cheque from the CBC. They took all my remaining invoices and lumped it all into one nice cheque. This officially completes my current freelance work.

I decided to celebrate by heading to the book store. I have some money on my campus card and I have to use it up or else it will be lost forever. I bought a 1.5 inch binder, a Carleton U t-shirt, and Dan Brown's The Davinci Code. It will be interesting to see if the hype surrounding it is legit or exaggerated.

Finally, I just checked my mark and found that I have finished my Media, Wars and Conflicts class with an A.

Booyah,

The Hek

4 comments:

Blake said...

Congratulations, my friend! Good luck in all future endeavours, and hopefully you won't be stuck in Thornhill for too long...

We'll have to endure without you at the poker table, too, unfortunately! If you're ever back in Ottawa, we all should get a game going for old times' sake...

In the meantime, however, I hope you'll keep in touch! If you don't, I might just have to drive down to T-dot myself and kick your ass (both literally and figuratively)! :-)

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow the Da Vinci Code when you're done with it? I still haven't gotten around to reading it...

- Mr. Wood

Billy Ruffian said...

All hype, I got three pages into it because it was the worst godawful abomination of garbage literature ever.

Budman said...

I bought it as well. I'm on chapter 15 (which is like page 15) and so far so good.

So you're heading to Toronto? Going to be there next weekend by any chance? I'm heading down to visit my brother and his family in Vaughn.

By the way Chag Sameach!