Monday, September 11, 2006

It's Suppose to be a Film Festival

I cannot wait for the Toronto International Film Festival to come to an end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the festival. It's just that I am sick and tired of turning on the television and having to watch (insert network)'s "coverage from the red carpet."

Could someone explain to me why the networks, think its more important to focus their coverage on "star sightings" instead of why the "star" is actually in Toronto? I'm starting to think that the networks don't even realize that there are films at the TIFF.

So many people put their hearts and souls into these films and by having them screened at the TIFF is perhaps, the best accomplishment of their hard work. They should be honored for their hard work and I feel that is the message the networks should promote. But instead, viewers are forced to know when Brad Pitt arrived in Toronto, where did he eat supper, is his significant other with him, and what he's wearing.

That's the part that really gets me. The part about what type of clothes the actor is wearing. Why should I care about what he or she is wearing? I won't be able to afford the clothing anyway.

If I ever have to walk down a red carpet, I'm just going to wear a simple suit and tie. Unless of course, the top designers offer me a rather expensive, tailored made suit for free ;-)

But that's not the point! What's important is that we care about the films and not "who's in town."

The Hek

Not sure if any stars listen to The Audio Circus; but in any case, be sure to catch Episode Nine.

No comments: