Friday, January 06, 2006

One of the courses that I am taking this term is called Contemporary Popular Canadian Cinema. It's a study of "popular" Canadian films. In order to be defined as popular, these would have to have won the Golden Reel award which is given to the highest grossing Canadian film every year. But remember, just because it was popular, doesn't mean its a great film. Here are some of the films I shall be viewing. The ones in blue are the films I'm looking forward to see. The ones in red are films that will no doubt make me cringe.

Meatballs
Porky's
Strange Brew
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
The Art of War
Les Boys
Jesus de Montreal
Ghostbusters

The Hek

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're showing PORKY'S in a lecture??

Blake said...

You don't like Ghostbusters?!? What's wrong with you?!?! That's a great movie!!

Billy Ruffian said...

Agreed, Ghostbusters is an excellent movie

Anonymous said...

Ghostbusters is great. Any attempts to say it isn't is just... wrong. I want to watch it right now, but I don't own and I've rented Sin City to watch with my parents.

-Claire (just making sure you know it's me. Wouldn't want to start any conflicts)

Anonymous said...

I mean to say: are just wrong, not is just wrong, because the first attempt at grammar is just wrong. I also meant to say I don't own it. I was obviously a bit distracted by the idea that someone isn't looking forward to Ghostbusters. Geez.

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is blasphemous to criticize Ghostbusters, but in the Hek's defence he has told me that he's simply seen it too much.

Though since I doubt that's been lately, I really don't see how seeing it again now could dampen the experience...

- Mr. Wood

Anonymous said...

Also I've just realized, since Mr. Rosenhek loves to stir up controversy he's probably laughed at every kilobyte of this.

- Mr. Wood