Friday, October 14, 2005

Apparently, I have two types of voices. There's my regular voice and then, there's my radio voice. According to Jen and Sandra, my radio voice came out when I did an article presentation in class today. I can see that happening.

Did a bunch of things at CKCU, today. First, I started to put together an add for a Special Blend Pancake breakfast that is being organized. I also got to go On Air again, sort of. Actually, I "teched" for someone. Teched means that a show's host is not trained on the soundboard or doesn't want to work the board; so, they get someone else to basically push the buttons and make sure the sound is good. That's what I did for a show called Window of Oppourtunity. It was a lot of fun and I got to hear some pretty good folky type music. I also got a free CD: Paul Anka's Rock Swings. He takes all these modern rock hits and gives them a big band sound.

Now, two people have commented on my statements about Buck 65 being the best Canadian musician ever. They suggested Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell and Alanis Morisette.

I consider Cohen to be a spoken word artist rather then a musician. I'm not really into the light folk sound of Joni Mitchell. And, despite Alanis has really developed her sound well, I feel Buck 65 is just more creative. Of course it's all my opinion and the three suggestions are certainty the best at what they do.

The Hek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AU Student Blogs About Ladner
Love them or hate them, blogs allow their authors to reach an audience directly, with little in the way of the traditional editing that can make people and causes sound one-dimensional. One American University ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, Eric, I was joking when I mentioned Alanis Morisette. :D

-E.M.