Tuesday, October 25, 2005


Here's what really sucks about being a University student. I wake up after a night's sleep and I hate it. I hate it because it means I have to get up and do a bunch of shit I don't really care about. Then, there's my Scorsese prof who has the nerve to scold the class today for a lack of participation in discussion and not doing the readings. I'm sorry, I have a bunch of other assignments to take care of. I'm not just taking your class, prof. He expects us to think and act like him. Let me be the first to tell him that such a thing like that is impossible. When I started as a supervisor at Kiddies Korner/Camp Capers, I tried to get my staff to be as passionate and hard working as I was. It didn't happen and I was miserable. Then, I said "screw it" and accepted the staff for the way they were. Sure enough, I enjoyed it more. There's a good lesson for you. At least I got to see Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Nothing like a psychotic Harvey Kietel to ease my troubles.

Now for something important: The CKCU funding drive has begun!

You as a listener to CKCU help provide one third of the funding required to keep the station on the air. Without your support each year at this time, CKCU could not continue to function. For a mere $40 an hour, CKCU provides quality programming with the help of 200+ community volunteers. CKCU provides varied and unique music and spoken word programming not available on any other radio station. Help support community radio - whether you live in Ottawa, or listen outside the city on the internet.

Make a secure online pledge on CKCU's website or call 613-520-2528 on Thursday from 7-8am EST during the Thursday Morning Special Blend.

Be sure to note/say your pledge is for the Thursday Blend! And don't forget to catch the show, 7-8am EST on CKCU 93.1 FM

The Hek

No comments: