Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Alright...

You might notice at the bottom of this page is a media player. It's from the website where I put together the experimental podcasts. I thought it was going to be a caption with a number of links to hear the podcast I just made. However, it turns out to be just a media player that simply plays what I just made.

I'm fully capable of producing an MP3 podcast. What I am trying to figure out is how to upload the file to a website and then, have it in a way where you can either listen to it just as an MP3 file or download it to your iPod (which means an RSS/XML link). The website I'm currently using takes care of those two step. The only draw back is that you can only use their recorder which has no editing techniques (unlike Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro) and, there does not seem to be a function where you can upload from your hard drive to the website.

In any case, thanks to those who listened to the first experiment. I must repete that I'm using a set of headphones for a microphone which explains why everything sounds nasally and quiet. To show how bad it is, even when I turn the recording volume up, it still sounds quiet. Once I get a proper computer microphone, it should should normal.

And now: Experimental Podcast #2

Be sure to have the volume up.

The Hek

1 comment:

Blake said...

Slightly better. But still definitely a work in progress, I think :-)