Saturday, May 06, 2006

That went well....

You might recall that I found out about a radio station in Markham/Thornhill called CHEV Radio. I checked it out on Wednesday. Turns out the station is broadcasted only on the internet and does lots of sports coverage. I spoke with the station manager and gave her my resume and demo tape. She then asked me to come in on Friday night and work with the 6-9pm show.

When I got there on Friday, the hosts asked me to put together a five minute news and sports update which was to be read on-air every 30 minutes. So, I got to be a news reader and did this five times throughout the show. It was a lot of fun; especially with the sports scores which were always changing. Along with being on-air, I think my favourite part was getting to add and take out parts of the actual update. Sometimes new information on a story becomes available or the score in a game keeps changing (this was certainly the case with Sens/Sabers match). Basically, no two updates were alike.

In any case, the hosts were happy with my work and I was feeling content about it as well. Like I said, it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure what will happen next with CHEV but I'll let you all know if anything comes up. It's a really cool station and keeps getting bigger everyday.

The Hek

3 comments:

Billy Ruffian said...

That's my Hek!

I own him.

Anonymous said...

^_^ Yaaaah, you're doing something good! Congratulations! And do supply us with this broadcast location...

-your dear Starback

Blake said...

Best of luck, my friend. I really do hope that it all pans out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!